Brandon L. PeakPartner
Brandon L. Peak handles cases all over the nation and has secured over $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Brandon has been involved in some of the largest trucking, wrongful death, product liability, personal injury, whistleblower, professional negligence, and class action cases in Georgia history. He served as lead counsel in a record-setting $280 million trucking verdict in 2019 and is also actively litigating False Claims Act cases on behalf of the Government against some of the nation’s largest corporations.
Brandon has consistently been recognized for his skill as a lawyer. He was again recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer, an honor reserved for only 5% of Georgia lawyers. Brandon also received the “AV Preeminent — 5.0 out of 5.0” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the leading national legal rating agency and in 2014 was selected as one of the On the Rise 40 Under 40 Legal Rising Stars 2014. Brandon is active in his profession. He serves as an elected representative on the State Bar Board of Governors and is fulfilling his appointment by the Georgia Supreme Court to serve as Chair-elect of the State Disciplinary Board.
Brandon received his undergraduate education at The Citadel in Charleston, SC, where he graduated summa cum laude and first in the School of Business while serving as a Battalion Commander and member of the Honor Court. Brandon then attended the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University on a full scholarship, graduating magna cum laude and first in his class. While at Mercer, Brandon was elected by his peers as Chief Justice of the Honor Council and Articles Editor of the Mercer Law Review. He received the Walker P. Johnson, Jr. award for ethics and professionalism, as well as numerous other scholastic honors, including the Faculty Awards for Most Outstanding Senior and Outstanding Legal Writing. Brandon was also active in the Moot Court Program and was a member of Mercer’s Intrastate Moot Court team.
Following law school, Brandon clerked for the Honorable Robert L. Vining, Jr., a Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and then practiced at Troutman Sanders, LLP, an international law firm headquartered in Atlanta.
Brandon remains an active member of the Bar. He is a Past President of the Columbus Bar Association, Chattahoochee Bar Association, and Columbus Trial Lawyers Association. Brandon has also served for several years on the Executive Committee of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Brandon is often asked to speak at seminars training other lawyers on topics related to trial practice and procedure.
“That wasn’t where my heart was, I wanted to be a lawyer because I like helping people.”
Brandon L. Peak
Of all the things in his life, Brandon is most proud of his wife Brooke and their four children. He is very active in his children’s activities and in his community. Brandon is a member of St. Luke United Methodist Church, where he serves on the Pastor Parrish Relations Committee and School Board. When not in the office, Brandon can most often be found coaching youth baseball and basketball teams.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury
- Trucking Accidents
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Class Actions
- EEOC v. Waffle House, Inc.: Employers Beware the EEOC, “Master of its Own Case”, 54 Mercer L. Rev. 1235, 2003
- Georgia Trial Practice Manual: Chapter One, Frequently Used Statutes
- Mercer Law Review, Annual Survey of Georgia Law, Trial Practice and Procedure, 2006-2015
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Intrastate Moot Court Team
- Honors: Finalist, Hugh Lawson III Memorial First Year Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Chief Justice, Mercer Law School Honor Council
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review, Articles Editor
- Bachelor of Science (BS), The Citadel
- B.S. summa cum laude
- Honors: Battalion Commander
- Honors: Honor Court, Member
- Recipient, George Waldo Woodruff Award of Excellence Given Annually to the First Honor Graduate
- Walker P. Johnson, Jr. Memorial Award Recognizing Excellence in Ethics and Professionalism
- Faculty Award for Most Outstanding Senior
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Legal Writing
- Dean R. Lawrence Dessem Merit Scholarship
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012 – 2017
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40, 2014
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- The American Association for Justice, State Delegate
- Columbus Bar Association, Vice President
- Columbus Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Chattahoochee Bar Association, Past President
- Mercer University School of Law Board of Visitors, Member