Christopher B. McDanielPartner
Christopher B. McDaniel focuses his practice in a variety of areas including trucking, automobile, and motorcycle wrecks, products liability, personal injury, and wrongful death.
Chris was born and raised in LaGrange, Georgia. He attended Columbus State University in Columbus, Georgia, where he graduated summa cum laude and earned his bachelor’s degree in business administration in 2010. Chris then attended Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law where he graduated magna cum laude in 2014. Chris was a member of the Mercer Law Review, Mercer Intrastate Moot Court team, and Mercer Mentoring Program. During law school Chris clerked for the Honorable Jeanette Little, State Court of Troup County, LaGrange, Georgia. Following law school, Chris practiced at Sell & Melton, LLP, in Macon, Georgia handling business litigation matters.
Chris has extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts. He has helped secure more than $345 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. In 2016 Chris served as appointed lead counsel in a federal civil rights case in which he secured a six-figure jury verdict. More recently, in 2019 Chris helped secure a record-setting $280 million trucking verdict.
Chris lives in Columbus, Georgia. When he is not in the office working, Chris enjoys spending time with his family, friends, and dog (Tucker).
- MERCER UNIVERSITY, WALTER F. GEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW, MACON, GEORGIA
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Brainerd Currie Honors Society
- Honors: Intrastate Moot Court, Team
- Honors: Intrastate Moot Court, Coach
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review, Editor
- CALI Awards: Torts II, Evidence, Advanced Legal Writing, Contract Law, Criminal Law, Legal Ethics
- COLUMBUS STATE UNIVERSITY, COLUMBUS, GEORGIA
- B.A. summa cum laude
- Major: Finance
- Honors: Top Ranked Business/Finance Graduate Honors
- Trial Practice & Procedure, (Co-Author), 67 Mercer L. Rev. 257, 2015
- Trial Practice & Procedure, (Co-Author), 68 Mercer L. Rev. 301, 2016
- Trial Practice & Procedure, (Co-Author), 69 Mercer L. Rev. 321, 2017
- Trial Practice & Procedure, (Co-Author), 70 Mercer L. Rev. 253, 2018