Georgia Brain Injury AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been in an accident and has suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s careless actions, contact the brain injury lawyers at Peak Wooten McDaniel & Colwell LLP. The effects of a traumatic brain injury can be permanent and debilitating – affecting your ability to work and preventing you from living your life the way you were once accustomed to. With the help of an experienced brain injury attorney, you may be able to recover compensation for the effect of your brain injury and how it has changed or limited your life. Call us today to schedule your free case consultation and learn more about your legal options.
What Is a Brain Injury?
A brain injury is when a sudden violent jolt or blow to the head or body disrupts how the brain normally functions.
How Do You Know if You Have Suffered a Brain Injury?
A brain injury can cause a wide range of physical and psychological effects – depending on if the brain injury is considered mild, moderate, or traumatic.
If you have been in an accident, pay attention to the following cognitive or physical symptoms:
- Loss of consciousness – in a moderate or traumatic brain injury, this can last from several minutes to hours
- A headache that doesn’t go away or seems to worsen
- Vomiting or nausea
- Loss of coordination
- Feeling confused and dizzy
- Changes in mood or behavior, including feeling agitated
- Having slurred speech
- Dilation of one or both pupils
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Convulsions or seizures
- Lapses with memory or concentration
Keep in mind that even a mild brain injury is a serious injury that requires prompt medical attention. After an accident, it is important to consult with a doctor – even if it doesn’t seem like it is needed at that moment or there are no symptoms yet. Some symptoms appear immediately while others take days or weeks to surface. In the case of severe brain injuries resulting in death, contact our Georgia wrongful death lawyers who can support you and help fight for financial compensation.
Types of Compensation Available in a Brain Injury Case
Because a brain injury can result in many disabilities and significantly affect your life, appropriate compensation is needed that can cover your medical expenses and other potential losses in the future. Compensation from a brain injury settlement or verdict can provide you with financial stability and cover any medical treatments or surgeries you may require in future. You may also be eligible for the following types of compensation:
- Past and future medical expenses: This will cover any ongoing medical treatments, as well as any treatments you may anticipate in the future. Our lawyers can review your medical records to help you predict an accurate value for your costs, or also consult with an economic expert.
- Pain and suffering: Those who suffer a brain injury are faced with many challenges in their daily life – and this can take a huge toll on a person’s physical and psychological health. This type of compensation will attempt to compensate you for the pain and suffering as a result of your brain injury.
- Lost income: This will cover any wages you have lost as a result of your injury. It will also compensate you for your lost or diminished earning power if you aren’t able to work to your full capacity later on due to your injury.
Contact a Brain Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury due to another person’s misconduct, contact a brain injury lawyer at Peak Wooten McDaniel & Colwell LLP. We can answer any questions you may have during a free case evaluation, provide you with your best legal options, and help you get started on your brain injury claim for compensation – if that is what you choose. Call (833) 644-1899 to speak to our Georgia personal injury attorneys and schedule your free consultation.