Georgia Motorcycle Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
A motorcycle accident can affect every facet of your life – your work, financial situation, and social life. While you recover from your injuries, it can really help to have an attorney by your side – someone to protect your legal rights and fight for full financial compensation on your behalf.
If you or someone you love was injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s carelessness, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Peak Wooten McDaniel & Colwell LLP can help. Contact us to schedule a free case consultation and find out more.
How Peak Wooten McDaniel & Colwell LLP Can Assist You
Since our firm was founded in 1988, Peak Wooten McDaniel & Colwell LLP has successfully represented injured clients and pursued full justice on their behalf. Every day, we take steps to maximize recovery for our clients by:
- Having a team of dedicated trial lawyers, investigators, and paralegals who work on every case. We believe if a case is worth taking, it is worth putting a team behind it.
- Bringing in the necessary resources to fully investigate your case and prepare it for trial.
- Making sure every case we take on is ready for trial – regardless of if it ends up going before a jury or not.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Georgia
Unfortunately, motorcycle fatalities have seen an increase in Georgia in recent years. According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) 2019 Georgia motorcycle traffic crashes and fatalities fact sheet:
- In 2019, there were a total of 3,948 motorcycle crashes in the state of Georgia.
- Nearly half – or 42 percent of motorcycle crashes – occurred in the Atlanta area.
- From 2017 to 2019, motorcyclist fatalities rose by 22 percent, from 139 to 170.
- In 2019, motorcyclists represented 11 percent of total traffic fatalities and 21 percent of total driver fatalities.
- In 2020, 179 motorcyclists lost their lives in a motorcycle crash.
Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
A majority of motorcycle crashes occur as a result of another driver’s reckless actions. Other drivers can endanger motorcyclists on the road when they are engaged in the following behaviors:
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving impaired (under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
- Failure to yield to a motorcyclist (such as at a left turn)
Other factors such as hazardous road conditions and motorcycle design defects can also result in a motorcycle accident – in which case you may be able to hold another party, such as the motorcycle manufacturer, legally responsible for your accident injuries and losses. In the case of an auto defect causing your motorcycle accident, contact our Georgia defective product lawyers for help filing your personal injury claim and seeking financial compensation.
Why Hiring a Lawyer Is Important to Maximize Your Recovery
Hiring a skilled motorcycle accident attorney in a motorcycle accident claim is especially important because they will actively work to maximize your recovery and make sure that your case isn’t undervalued by the insurance company.
There are two factors that affect the value of your motorcycle accident case: liability and damages. Liability is who is legally responsible for the accident and damages are the injuries and other losses you suffered as a result of the accident.
Your motorcycle accident lawyer will investigate your accident, prove that another party was at fault for causing your accident, and help you calculate the true value of your case – so you recover full and fair compensation.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you were seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident, contact a motorcycle accident lawyer at Peak Wooten McDaniel & Colwell LLP. Our Georgia personal injury attorneys can help you protect your legal rights and get properly compensated for your injuries.
Call (833) 644-1899 today to schedule a free case consultation.